Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rita Bahuguna's crime

It took me 30 min of focused Googling to ultimately figure what it was that caused so much uproar in UP. Well, I had an idea of what transpired based on what I saw on TV, but arresting the state congress chief for slander sounded a bit too much. I wanted to know the exact words uttered by Rita. For all the nauseating coverage of irrelevant events that our media provides, I had no luck finding the transcript of her speech or even the offensive words. I wonder if the media self-censored it or if they were afraid of the consequences of airing or citing the exact language! Mayawati, sure, is powerful.

It was the good ol' BBC that had the courage to mention what Rita said although even they did not quote her verbatim. Here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8153161.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment